Sunday, July 31, 2011

STUFF.

It's been half a year and I haven't touched my blog, yikes!

ART STUFF.

Unfortunately, I actually haven't been drawing too much at all since my last post, save for a couple sketches here and there... and of course, they happen to be of Regina. Not terribly original, I know. -__-;;

Y U SO MOODY REGINA?

Those little thumbnails on the right are for a fun little animation I was making, using.........(drumroll)

!!!
The HEAVY WEAPONS GUY

There's a rig for the Heavy Weapons guy online that anybody can go ahead and download. The model and textures look pretty official, but the actual rig itself? ...nyehhhh could use some work. Still, it was good enough to work with.

This was actually a collaborative effort between me and the uber awesome Ryan Moran. I animated the first shot of the Heavy jumping down, and Ryan followed it up with the next two shots... I think it works really well! We both added sound to it, including some of the Heavy's own dialogue from the game, heh. There are a couple things in my animation that irk me a bit... but I still like it! It was a fun little exercise. :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GUITAR STUFF.

So part of the reason why I haven't been drawing as much lately is cus I got myself a new electric guitar! I bought it last December and have absolutely been loving it. Playing the guitar can be quite a rich, enjoyable, and profound experience... It's also stress relieving. Good stuff.

Fender Blacktop Strat with a Fender VibroChampXD Tube Amp
(very loud, very awesome)


My only regret is that I didn't start playing at an earlier age. Why?
Because of this:


And this:

(skip to 1:20 for Priest solos...)

Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr. Big) and Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest), two of my biggest inspirations... Paul, because of his technical prowess, lightning fast playing, and the ability to do it all so cleanly. Glenn, because of his badass musical compositions. These guys make me wanna do nothing but sit on my ass and wail on my guitar all day.... because that's what they did, and that's what every other saucesome guitarist out there did. I've got my work cut out for me... D: But I'm willing to do what it takes!

ANYWHO. That's what's been goin on for me these days. A lack of art and an overflow of music... Boy this was a long entry... But I guess that's what happens after not posting for 6 months!

I'll end this post with my favorite Judas Priest song.....
The Sentinelllll!!!
:D
(the very definition of badass)


Peace y'alls!

P.S. - If you've actually read through this ridiculous post, you get a virtual cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment